About the department:
The department of Tulu Language and Translation studies was established in the year 2007. The Department is purely research oriented and it offers M.Phil/Ph.D, certificate and diploma course. The Department is one of the five major Dravidian language departments and it aims at fulfilling the endeavors of the University.
- To plan and develop suitable teaching programmes in Tulu for Indians and foreigners.
- To teach Tulu at various levels.
- To conduct research programs leading to the award of M.Phil and Ph.D. in Tulu.
- To undertake research projects on Tulu Language, Culture and literature.
- To produce course materials such as syllabus, teacher guidelines, learning and teaching materials.
- To undertake translations from Tulu to other Dravidian Languages and from other Dravidian Languages to Tulu.
|Dr B.S.Shiva Kumar|
Assoc Professor & Head of the Department
Comparative Study and Translations
Click here to Download
Programs Offered :
|Name of the course
|Certificate Course || |
|M.Phil / Ph.D.,
||6 + 3|
Seminars and Workshops:
- National Seminar organized on ,Nature in Early Dravidian, Literature 23rd, 24th January 2010 at Vivekananda College, Puttur, Karnataka.
- National Seminar organized on Tulu, Telugu and Krishnadevaraya: Interrelationships at Udupi on 19th and 20th May 2010.
- Aatidonji Dina, Tulu Cultural Festival and a one day Seminar at Pilikula NisargaDham Mangalore on 24th August 2010.