Directorate of Distance Education (DDE)
Directorate of Distance Education is established with the following objectives.
- To provide educational opportunities to those students who could not take advantage of conventional institutions of higher learning
- To offer degree programmes and non-Degree certificate programmes for the benefit of the working population in various fields and for the benefit of those who wish to enrich their life by studying subjects of cultural and aesthetic values
- To provide flexibility with regard to eligibility for enrolment, age of entry, choice of programmes, methods of learning , conduct of examinations and operation of programmes
- To provide equality of educational opportunities for higher education through distance mode for a large segment of population including those in employment, women (including house wife’s) and adults who wish to upgrade their education or acquire knowledge and status in various fields.
- To make provision for research and for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge.
- To serve as a source of continuing education and to provide equal axis to knowledge and higher education.
- To widen axis to Postgraduate, P.G. Diploma, Under Graduate, Certificate and provisional programmes through the distance mode.